Friday, October 31, 2008

Photos of Philly

Rodin Museum, the Thinker.

Love Park, downtown Philly.
Liberty Bell. I'd already seen it, so I didn't want to go through security, but got a pretty good shot through the glass.

Tun Tavern, birthplace of the Marine Corps. One of my life's biggest regrets is my physical disqualification during Marine OCS. I'm a Marine at heart.

Korean War Memorial. Great statue.
Holocaust Memorial. Lest we EVER forget...

Irish-American Memorial. This is an amazing piece of art.

The Pope was at this cathedral. And celebrated Mass in Philly in 1979. I may be one of this guy's biggest fans. Pope John Paul II, you are missed.

Skyline from Town Hall.

Independence Hall---where our Founding Fathers got us off to a great start. Now, can we do them justice?
Philly skyline from the steps of the Museum of Art. I felt like Rocky.

And speaking of Rocky....


I took some time to see Philly while there last weekend. Here are a few photos for those who are interested. Philly is a city packed with history. I love it. I walked all over South Philly on Saturday. The World Series was in town. The whole city was going crazy for the Phillies, who have since won the Series. I was in Philly to honor the memory of my friend Leonard Herman, who was buried at Mt. Sharon Cemetery on Sunday.

No comments: